When it comes to making dessert, I try my best to keep the amount of sugar low. You should taste balanced sweetness combined with the flavor of other ingredients, to fully enjoy desserts. In this Rice Pudding with Caramelized banana recipe, I did just that.
The creamy texture of the rice combined with caramelized banana flavor, and of course the richness coming from the heavy cream, contributed in the high level of lusciousness.
Making Rice Pudding with Caramelized Banana.
I like having my Rice Pudding with Caramelized Banana while sitting in my favorite corner. Relax and recall everything delightful happened in my life, to fill my day with positive energy. I guess to me this dessert is a soul comforter.
I have never used eggs in my rice pudding. I wonder how it will taste! Most recipes ask for the rice to be cooked in milk but I did it differently. I wanted to maintain the taste of milk and not ruin it by overcooking it.
Right now all I can think of is when will YOU try it, and how much will you enjoy it!
- ***For the rice pudding
- ¼ cup rice. Washed and soaked for 15 minutes. I used basmati parboiled
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Enough water to cover the rice while cooking it
- ***For the caramelized banana
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ***To make the rice pudding:
- In a pan, add water (enough to cover the rice) and let it come to a boil. Add the rice and cook until rice is tender, around 20 – 25 minutes. Drain the rice and keep aside.
- In a different pan, add the milk and sugar, let it come to a simmer. Now add the rice and keep stirring on medium heat until the rice is creamy in texture.
- Add the vanilla, heavy cream, and cook for three minutes.
- ***To make the caramelized banana
- In a pan, add the butter and when it melts add the bananas. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and after 30 seconds flip the bananas.
- Cook on the other side for another 30 to 40 seconds or until caramelized.
- Remove and place on top of the rice pudding.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
This looks so DIVINE! I want to dig in!
Thanks Nagi! This is the best Rice Pudding I had 😀
I am still not used to sweetened rice treats..but I will definitely enjoy this because of those caramelized bananas.
You'll enjoy this one Angie, the sweetness is really balanced and is not taking over the flavor at all 🙂