These Butterscotch Blondies have a buttery flavor and unlike the usual blondie batter that has almost no flavor, this recipe will give you flavorful blondies, you can almost skip adding any nuts or chocolate to the batter and just enjoy it plain, it’s enough reason for me to bake it again and again.
Like brownies, these butterscotch blondies hardly take the time to prepare and bake. From start to finish you will enjoy the comforting aroma of butterscotch, butter, and vanilla. After it’s baked you’ll love the combination of butterscotch and shortbread flavor.
Making Butterscotch Blondies.
I have added walnuts to my blondies, but be creative and add chocolate chips, white chocolate, pecan, or whatever your heart desires.
If you want the blondies to be soft and chewy in the center, bake it less, I suggest 24 minutes.
You can keep the blondies in an airtight container for three days at room temperature. These blondies taste even better the next day of baking.
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup whole walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F/177C. Line 8×8” baking pan with aluminum foil, grease the bottom and the sides. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add the butter and sugar. On a low heat melt the butter and sugar together.
- When the butter melts add two tablespoon milk, stir for one minute. Turn off heat. Keep aside to cool.
- Sift flour with, salt and baking powder. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cool butter sugar mixture. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix gently for few seconds (do not overmix.)
- Add the walnuts and fold gently.
- Pour in previously prepared baking pan. Bake for 26 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil with the blondie and place on cooling rack.
- When completely cool cut into squares and enjoy.
Follow me on Instagram, and mention this hashtag #munatycooking if you happened to make any of my recipes!