Strawberry Coffee Cake Bars – I’m not sure if I met a person who doesn’t like having coffee. Even those who are not crazy about having coffee daily have a favorite type coffee. Be it espresso, cappuccino, or black, almost everyone has a favorite flavor.
And since coffee is enjoyed by many, let’s talk about coffee’s companions. What goes with coffee is dessert and mostly cookies and cakes. Today we are talking about a special coffee cake.
There are countless recipes on the internet for coffee cakes but today we are going to make a strawberry coffee cake bars and we are going to make it awesome!
Strawberry coffee cake has chunks of strawberry jam in it. Yes, I have added some strawberry jam in the batter and topped the cake with streusel. A buttery, delicious cake, that’s moist with tender crumbs.
I thought of adding strawberry slices on top of the streusel but I had none on hand, but it’s a good idea and I might bake this coffee cake again with slices of strawberries and post the pic on my Instagram account.
How do you like your coffee? I love having black coffee and Turkish coffee. If you love espresso and cappuccino then try this coffee maker. It’s a good investment and makes great tasting coffee.
Now, to make this delicious cake you need a 9” nonstick baking pan, parchment paper (it’s still advisable to use parchment paper even if using a nonstick pan in cakes that have fruits or jams, in case the liquids coming out of the fruit or jam found its way to the bottom of the cake.)
Let’s make some Strawberry coffee cake.
Strawberry Coffee Cake bars
FOR THE CAKE
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoon oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup sugar
FOR THE STREUSEL
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
TO MAKE THE STREUSEL
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and keep aside.
TO MAKE THE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a 9” square baking pan with parchment paper or grease and flour the pan.
- In a bowl sift flour, salt, cornstarch, and baking powder three times. Keep aside
- In a different bowl, add the jam and whisk then add the egg and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Add the sugar and vanilla beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Pour cake batter into the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Make sure that that streusel is in small clumps. Distribute over the cake batter evenly. You can use ¾ the amount of streusel if you wish.
- Bake the coffee cake for 16 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.