Green beans with turkey bacon – I feel that people who are not fond of vegetables are so because they couldn’t find a recipe that present vegetables in a tempting way, or make it tastes good.
Therefore, I try my best to change that in my house, since yours truly is one of those people!
Vegetables have a lot of nutrients that protect our body from the inside, make us able to fight diseases and enjoy a strong immune system, yet it not necessarily everybody’s favorite. Today we are talking about Green beans with turkey bacon, part of this title is more attractive than the other, you got it, the bacon wins over the green beans. Why not combine both together and satisfy our cravings plus get the green beans awesome benefits.
Making Green Beans with Turkey Bacon
In this recipe, the green beans are not steamed but blanched. Blanching green beans give it a nice crunch and maintain it’s beautiful green color. How to blanch green beans you asked? Well, there is not ricks here, just three simple steps. Boil the water, add the green beans, let it boil for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl filled with ice and chilled water, Tara! You are done.
Green beans and bacon is a delicious side dish and it makes you feel good about eating vegetables. Think about it, if you chop two slices of bacon on any vegetable, who will say no to that. Vegetables have a mild taste anyway, so mostly you’ll be enjoying the taste of bacon.
Although this recipe is for green beans with turkey bacon, you can replace the beans with another vegetable like mushroom, carrot, or zucchini. Besides everything I mentioned regarding this dish, it is important to mention how good it looks on your dinner table. Preparing green beans with bacon is so simple yet looks so elegant on any dinner table, so impress your guests and follow my recipe!
Green Beans with Turkey Bacon
- 2 cups trimmed and washed green beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup cooked and chopped turkey bacon
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Water to boil the green beans
- You will need a large bowl filled with chilled water and ice. Keep this bowl on the side.
- In a large pan, add water and let it come to a boil. Add the green beans and let it boil for five minutes.
- Remove the green beans from the boiling water and add it to the chilled water. Leave the green beans in the chilled water.
- In a hot pan, add the olive oil and onion. Sauté the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and stir on medium high for few seconds.
- Add the bacon and the green beans, lower the heat to medium. Season with salt and black pepper, stir for two minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.