Chicken Salad – I know I don’t have many sandwich recipes on my blog, but I do love them, and today I thought of sharing something that is simple yet delicious and can be a great meal. Chicken Mayonnaise Sandwich and some call it Chicken Salad Sandwich!
I like making chicken salad sandwich often, it’s creamy, full of flavor, and extremely easy to prepare. The other things that you have to have to make this sandwich a hit is a good bread
A thick but soft bread goes so well with this Chicken Mayonnaise. You can have a chicken salad sandwich cold or you can grill it and enjoy the flavor of toasted/grilled bread too.
The amount of chicken might look too much for one sandwich, but I know that most of you (who are into healthy eating and reducing the intake of carbs.) will appreciate having a sandwich that can replace a meal with not much carbs involved.
Making Chicken Salad
Don’t get me wrong, carbs are essential for good health and the lack of it will make you feel weak. However, from my experience, this sandwich as is, will keep you full for long, even if you’re an active person.
You can modify this chicken salad sandwich to your liking. If you are not fond of scallions, replace it with bell peppers or lettuce. Add more spices or green chili if you don’t mind the heat.
How to make Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 200 gm chicken breast boiled and shredded
- Black pepper
- 1 50gm bread roll
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- To cook the chicken:
- In a boiling water, add the chicken breast and let it cook for 20 minutes or until done.
- Take out the chicken and shred it. Add the salt, black pepper, scallion, and mayonnaise, mix well.
- Place the lettuce on the bread, add on top of it the chicken mixture. Serve immediately.