What’s great about this Summer is …….. The fact that I learnt many new iced tea recipes and I will get to share them with all of you. Sorrel Iced tea been my favorite for a while now and I’ve been enjoying its health benefit too. If you don’t know what sorrel is then you are in for a very pleasant surprise.
Making Sorrel Iced Tea.
My first sorrel tea experience was at my sister in law’s house (Amira) everyone raves about her sorrel tea, and baked salmon, and steak, well she is an amazing cook, and after tasting her sorrel tea, I and hubby tried to recreate it in our humble kitchen.
I read a lot about sorrel’s health benefits and yes it can lower blood pressure, lower bad cholesterol, and detoxify the entire body. Can you imagine that your body is healing while you are doing the simplest thing which is drinking delicious sorrel iced tea.
Although this recipe of Sorrel Iced Tea will keep you wanting to pour more and more in your glass, but too much of sorrel can create kidney stones, so moderation is the key.
Now, if you have some sorrel in your kitchen go ahead and make some using my recipe, and if you don’t, I guess it’s time to buy some.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 cup dry sorrel
- 1 ½ cup sugar I used raw
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 7 cup water at room temperature for stronger taste, use boiling hot water instead.
- Wash and rinse the sorrel three to four times.
- Add the sorrel, sugar, lemon juice in a pitcher or a big plastic bowl.
- Add water to the previous mixture and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Let it steep for three hours and stir every 30 minutes.
- Fill your glass with ice, pour this amazing drink and enjoy.