My Simple Potato Soup. They say simplicity leads to good design, some other times they say, “less is more”, and this is so true with this dish. Simple ingredients were combined and that fusion resulted in this sophisticated dish. Preparation and cooking take 15-20 minutes. Don’t let its simple appearance fool you … go for the taste.
Potato Soup Recipe
Potato Soup is creamy in texture, rich in taste, this easy to make yet delicious soup, can keep you warm on those long winter days. Great with rustic bread on the side.
Servings: 2 - 3
- 1 medium potato cut in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 chicken cube
- Water to boil the potato
- 1/2 cup cream or full cream milk
- Salt tot taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil - 1 teaspoon butter
- - Fry the onion in heated oil till transparent. Add the potato and stir for 2 minutes.
- - Add water, black pepper, and chicken cube. Let it boil until potato is cooked.
- - Add cream or milk and let it boil for a minute, then transfer to a blender and blend well. If you want the soup thicker, get rid of some amount of the water after the potato is cooked.
- -Add salt, if needed, and butter, and serve.