I saw many bloggers talking about Nigella Lawson’s Banana Bread, and they raved about it so much that I couldn’t help but make it. This banana bread is moist and needs no glaze or topping to make it look good.
Nigella Lawson’s Banana Bread
There are two versions of Nigella Lawson’s Banana Bread and I chose the one without the raisins. I like how this dessert comes together, it is prepared in no time, although you have to wait almost an hour for this cake to be baked.
The aroma of Nigella Lawson’s Banana Bread filled the house and it was amazing, I couldn’t wait to take it out of the oven and taste it.
I usually wait until the cake is completely cool since by then the flavors came together and you’ll get the real taste of the cake, but I hurried to take a piece from this beauty and although was piping hot, it was delicious.
I’ve made some changes to Nigella Lawson’s Banana Bread recipe, like adding chopped almonds and reducing the amount of butter, yet this cake stayed moist for a long time.
I’ll be baking this cake again, it was a hit!
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go! The original recipe can be found here.
Nigella Lawson's Banana Bread
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 medium whole egg
- 1 medium egg's white
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 chopped almonds
- - Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease and line a loaf tin. I've used an 8"x5" silicone pan.
- - Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add almonds and mix well.
- - In a different bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla. Add the sugar and beat until it dissolves.
- - Add the butter and beat some more. Add the banana and mix well.
- - Add the dry to wet ingredients and gently whisk. Do not over do this step.
- - Pour into tin or your baking pan, and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- - Cool on cooling rack.