Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes is a heavenly side dish. The sweet potatoes are perfectly roasted in the oven, and the honey butter sauce combined with cinnamon and nutmeg makes it irresistible. I have added raisins, and I won't recommend skipping it. This dish pairs with Baked Salmon and Steak Bites.
I have avoided roasted sweet potatoes most of my life, but when I tried this honey butter sauce infused with cinnamon delight, I couldn't stop but fall in love with it.
These sweet potatoes are so tender they melt in your mouth, and the spices are well-balanced and do not take away the flavor of the sweet potatoes. They enhance it. Although it is a side dish, I saw many treat it like a dessert, and I don't blame them. It is so good!
Since it is Fall season, you will enjoy some Sweet Potato creme caramel, or maybe try something elegant for dinner like old-fashioned beef stew. For a refreshing drink, my Southern Iced Tea is the best.
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It's so easy to prepare - Roasting the sweet potatoes takes 25 to 30 minutes. Making the sauce takes hardly a few minutes.
- The ingredients are delicious and budget-friendly.
- Your house will smell awesome.
- Honey-roasted sweet potatoes look good on your dinner table.
Sweet potatoes - Since it is the star, we have to pick them right. Make sure the sweet potatoes are hard and are small or medium in size. Large sweet potatoes have less flavor. They should have no cracks.
Oil - You can use olive or regular cooking oil; it will help the potatoes form that crispy outer layer while roasting.
Butter - Do not skip it or replace it. Butter adds amazing flavor to the sauce.
Honey - To ensure that the honey is real, place a small drop of honey on your thumbnail. If it kept its shape and didn't melt, the honey is pure.
Cinnamon and nutmeg - Warm fall spices take this side dish to the next level.
Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
Peel the sweet potatoes and then cut them into cubes.
Sprinkle salt and oil over the potatoes and toss them to coat.
Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake them for 25 minutes or until tender.
In a saucepan, add the butter, and when it melts, add the honey, raisins, and spices. Cook for 2 minutes on medium-low heat.
Add the roasted sweet potatoes to the honey butter sauce and mix well. Let it sit for 4 minutes then serve.
- Preheat the oven for 30 minutes before using it.
- Some people like to keep the skin on the sweet potatoes, but it will get darker while roasting, and it has a slightly chewy texture.
- Do not crowd the baking pan to have a nice crispy outer layer.
- It is best to line the baking sheet with parchment paper; it will prevent the oil from burning and smoking while the potatoes are roasting.
🍴 SERVING SUGGESTIONS
📋ROASTED SWEET POTATO VARIATIONS
Coconut Oil - Instead of regular or olive oil, use coconut oil when roasting the sweet potatoes.
Maple Syrup - You can use maple syrup instead of honey.
Toasted pecan - Chop some toasted pecans and add them to the honey butter sauce.
Add heat - Although strange, add a few red chili flakes to this dish.
You can store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. After refrigeration, it won't look exactly like when you first made it, but it will taste the same.
📣MORE SWEET POTATO RECIPES
⭐PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please give it a 5-star rating and leave a comment below with your experience!
Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes Peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ½ tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potato cubes, salt, and oil, and toss until the oil coats all the cubes.
- Spread the potato cubes on the baking sheet, making sure not to crowd them.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes or until tender.
- To make the sauce, add the butter to a saucepan, and when it melts, add the honey, spices, and raisins.
- Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Mix the sweet potatoes with the sauce and let it sit for 4 minutes before serving.