I heard a lot about Guacamole Dip but never was interested in trying it. I always had avocado as part of a dessert or a smoothie, and I couldn’t digest the idea of having it as a dip or in a salad.
This dip is now my favorite besides Hummus. This Mexican delight tastes amazing when served with rice. The taste reminded me a lot of an Indian Chutney that consisted of yogurt, green chili, and coriander. However, the guacamole is richer in texture.
How to make Guacamole Dip.
Making Guacamole Dip is much easier than making a salad, but keeping guacamole green is the challenge. As you know Avocado turns brown in no time, therefore guacamole can not maintain its green vibrant color for long.
Tips to keep your Guacamole Green.
To keep your guacamole dip green and looking all fresh, you can do three things.
- Place slices of lemon or lime over the guacamole dip, this looks good when you are having a party and will keep the dip green.
- Cover the guacamole dip with plastic wrap, allow the wrap to touch the surface, and refrigerate.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the guacamole dip, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Transfer the dip into a Ziploc bag, take out as much air as you can, and refrigerate.
Get your ripe Avocado and few ingredients mentioned below, make this simple but flavorful dip, enjoy it with vegetables or tortilla chips.
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- 1 stick celery minced
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice of one lime
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.