Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken – I’m sharing my take on the Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken recipe with you! I was hesitant when posting Jamaican Stew Chicken recipe since I made few minor changes to it and I know that there are some who are very particular about their Authentic Jamaican recipes and might get upset when they find that I’ve taken out some of the ingredients from this recipe, like the bell peppers.
Making Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken.
With or without bell peppers, this Jamaican brown stew chicken recipe is so flavorful you won’t mind having it on its own. Simple to prepare and cook, the blend of spices resulted in a mouthwatering main dish.
How to Serve Jamaican Chicken Stew.
I had this Jamaican chicken stew with bread, and different types of rice, it tastes good and outstanding every time.
The key to making a good Jamaican brown stew chicken is to brown the seasoned chicken, this will not only enhance the flavor but will give the stew a beautiful brown color.
I have used chicken legs in this recipe but of course, you can use any part of the chicken.
I find that the legs and thighs are best for stews since no matter how long you cook them, you will always have a tender piece of meat to enjoy.
Marinating the chicken overnight, allow the flavors to mix better and makes the chicken more tender. If you don’t have time and want to make this dish, then marinate the chicken for two hours in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy making and having this chicken stew.
If you make some then share your thoughts with me in the comment box below! In case making stews is your game, you might like the recipes below:
Let’s cook a delicious Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken!
- CHICKEN MARINADE:
- 3 chicken drumsticks with skin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- FOR THE STEW:
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 green chili cut in half
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Enough water to cover the chicken
- MAKING THE STEW:
- In a bowl, add the chicken and the marinade ingredients. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, best to marinate it overnight.
- Bring out the chicken and let it come to room temp, for around 30 minutes.
- In a pan, add the oil and fry the chicken until brown on all sides. Remove the chicken and keep aside.
- In the same pan and using the remaining oil, add the onion and fry until translucent. Add the tomato and the garlic, cook until the oil separates from the tomato and onion mixture.
- Add the chicken, green chili, chicken bouillon, and stir for two minutes. Add the water, enough to cover the chicken.
- Let it cook until the water reduces to almost a cup or a cup and a half. When the stew looks thicker and the chicken is cooked, add the butter and stir for one minute.
I have used these products:
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com