Fluffy, light, delicious, and can magically vanish in minutes, these are the best sour cream pancakes you’ll ever want to try. I have been enjoying these bad boys for past few weeks and since these pancakes have passed the quality test, it’s time to share it with you.
How to make best sour cream pancakes.
There is a story behind each dish and there is a story behind the Best Sour Cream Pancakes too, the story in short, I had sour cream and it was about to expire and my brain couldn’t think of better use of it than in pancakes.
If you browse through my blog, you will find a number of pancake recipes, and I am proud for having such a delicious collection of different flavors of pancakes. Chocolate pancakes, orange pancakes, yogurt pancakes, the list is yummy and long.
To make a good pancake you have to follow the recipe and the most crucial part, never over mix the batter. I know that seeing small lumps in the batter will urge you to beat some more, but please don’t, treat the pancake batter with respect (giggle).
I like my pancakes drizzled with honey, how do you like yours?
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ¾ tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Add the vinegar to the milk, stir, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients and keep aside.
- In a different bowl add the wet ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk gently. Over whisking at this point will result in tough and flat pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle. When the bubbles appear on the surface it’s time to flip the pancake. Do not press down the pancake while cooking.
- Serve with your favorite syrup or honey.