Since I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world, my need for sugar rushes the moment I open my eyes in the morning. Can you imagine having chocolate cake for breakfast? No way, you said? Maybe you should think again, because this chocolate Pancake with Caramel Sauce tastes just like one 🙂
Don't get me wrong, I don't have desserts for breakfast every day, just those very crazy weekends, when it's time for some indulgence.
Making Chocolate Pancake with Caramel Sauce.
These are not your usual chocolate pancakes, they are chocolate fudge cakes in disguise.
When I served these pancakes, my son's eyebrows hit the ceiling, and it was followed by a smile. After the first bite, he looked at me and laughed. "Mom is serving cake for breakfast." He must have thought. I didn't mind him, I was busy enjoying what's on my plate.
Pouring caramel sauce on top of these fluffy, moist, and chocolaty pancakes brought great satisfaction. If you want to reach heaven add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'm just suggesting 😉
I like to sprinkle nuts on top of my pancakes to add a nice crunch.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Let me show you how to make these goodies!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons coco powder
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 medium egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In microwavable bowl add butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips, melt in microwave, mix, and keep aside.
- In a different bowl sift flour with salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter mixture, egg, sugar, and milk.
- Add the flour to the previous mixture and mix gently.
- Heat skillet over medium heat (You can add butter if not using nonstick.)
- Pour ¼ cup from the batter in the middle of the skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface, flip pancake and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Pour caramel sauce on top of pancake and serve. If you wish you can add nuts on top.