Let me show you how to make a delicious and rich Marble Pound Cake, or shall I say marble swirl cake? In reality, and since the chocolate flavor is kicking big time in this cake I guess I will call it chocolate marble pound cake or fudge marble pound cake. Ok, I think I have confused you enough!
Making Marble Pound Cake
This marble pound cake recipe is for a moist yet rich pound cake, the chocolate part of it tastes almost like fudge, so you have everything you love in this cake, a moist rich texture, delicious flavor, and a good look.
Use high-quality butter and chocolate for this cake since these the flavor of these two ingredients are dominant. The steps to making this marble swirl cake are easy to follow. You can use a hand or a stand mixer to speed up the process of making the cake, but you can also use a whisk, just be patient.
I have used evaporated milk mixed with water since (in my opinion) it enhances the richness of the cake, but you can use whole milk instead. I wouldn’t use skim milk in this recipe. If you’re looking after your calorie intake but still crave delicious pound cake, then this recipe is for you.
If you want and Authentic Classic Pound Cake Recipe I’ve got that too. I have a feeling that you’ll love this version more though! In case you are not fond of chocolate, do not add it to the batter and you will still enjoy an amazing cake.
Let’s bake some marble pound cake!
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup evaporated milk mixed with ¼ cup water OR ½ cup regular whole milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with 4 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Butter and flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan, keep aside.
- In a bowl, sift flour with salt and baking powder. Keep aside.
- In a different bowl, Add the butter and beat for 3 minutes until lighter in color. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy and much lighter in color, about 4 minutes on high speed.
- Add the vanilla and then add the eggs one at a time, and each time you add an egg, beat for three minutes.
- Add half the flour to the butter and sugar mixture and beat on lowest speed until combined (do not over mix).
- Add all the milk and beat until combined then add the rest of flour and beat until combined. The batter should look silky but a little thick.
- Take around three fourth of the batter and mix with the chocolate and hot water mixture.
- When scooping both batters in the pan, place a scoop of white batter and beside it a chocolate and the white batter and beside it chocolate batter. For the second layer, on top of every white batter place a chocolate batter, and on each chocolate, scoop a scoop of white batter. Using a butter knife, make a U or an S shape.
- Tap the pan lightly two times over the kitchen counter, place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.