The recipe of Lemon Rice I’m sharing today can be a great side dish or a meal. It tastes a lot like the stuffing of Grape leaves (An Arabian dish called Waraq Enab).
I used Uncle Ben’s rice, I believe the texture of Uncle Ben’s white long grain rice goes so well with the ingredients. You can use short grain rice instead, but don’t use Basmati rice in this recipe, it won’t taste as good.
Serves 2. 340 calories per serving.
1/2 cup uncle Ben’s long grain white rice
1 onion finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cube beef or chicken bouillon (low sodium)
2 teaspoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1 1/3 cup boiling water
– In a pan, add the butter and one tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and stir for a minute on medium heat.
– Add the rice and stir for another minute.
– Add the mint and parsley, and cook for 2 minutes.
– Pour the boiling water, and when it comes to a boil again add the black pepper, cumin, lemon juice, bouillon, and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, stir then taste if needs salt. Cover and cook for 25 minutes on lowest heat.
– You can serve Lemon Rice as a side dish, but tastes great on its own.