Apple and pear galette is a great Summer dessert! A rustic dessert, full of flavor, with a flaky buttery crust, and is easy to make. There is no kneading involved here the only time-consuming step is waiting for the dough to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
If you love galette, I think my Apple Galette with Caramel Sauce will win your heart.
More about galette
You can find sweet and savory galette recipes; it is an open pie, you can fill it with any regular pie filling, but keep in mind that a lot of gravy or sauce in the filling will ruin it and make the pie crust soggy and tasteless.
Apple and pear galette
The combination of apple and pear is amazing; after baking the galette, the apples will get tender and sweet, while the pear will have a little bite to it. You can use the apples you prefer for this recipe but in case of using Granny Smith apples then add one more tablespoon of sugar to the filling.
Can I use Whole Wheat flour for the crust?
If you want to add whole wheat flour, cut the flour measurement to half whole wheat flour and the other half with all purpose flour. The butter flavors the crust better when it is made of all-purpose flour only.
You have to add one to two more tablespoon of chilled water to the dough when you are using whole wheat flour.
Ingredients you will need to make apple pear galette:
You won’t believe how simple ingredients combined can result in an amazing and classic delight that will please a crowd. Here is what you will need.
- All-purpose flour
- Chilled water
- Cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- The blueberries are optional
How to serve apple pear galette?
I like to enjoy galette topped with cream, but ice cream and sometimes butter honey syrup compliment the taste of this delicate apple pear galette. Serve the galette at room temperature or a little warm when serving it with ice cream.
How to store the galette?
More galette recipes:
Apple Pear Galette Recipe
FOR THE GALETTE:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chilled butter cut in cubes
- 4 to 5 tablespoon chilled water
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup blueberries optional
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 apples cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 pear cored, peeled and sliced
TO ADD LIGHT BROWN COLOR TO THE EDGES OF THE GALETTE:
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
THE GALETTE DOUGH:
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Rub the mixture between your hands or your fingertips or mix by using a fork.
- Add the chilled water and bring the dough together to form a disk. Do not knead this dough. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients of the filling (EXCEPT THE BUTTER AND THE BLUEBERRIES.) and mix using a wooden spoon or a spatula for two minutes. You need to mix until the apple and pear slices bring out their juice to help dissolve the sugar and get coated with the flour. We will add the butter and blueberries after filling the galette with apples and pears.
ASSEMBLING APPLE AND PEAR GALETTE:
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Since the dough is very delicate, cut enough parchment paper to cover your baking tray, then place it on your working surface.
- Place the dough on the parchment paper and cover with another parchment paper. Roll the dough out to 13” wide. If the dough is still hard, leave it for 3 minutes and then roll.
- Discard the parchment paper which you have placed over the dough.
- Pile the apples and pear slices in the center of the dough, 2.5 inches away from the edges.
- Fold the dough edges, up and to the center do this clockwise.
- Distribute the blueberries all over the filling.
- Distribute the butter on the filling by dropping small cubes of it all over the filling.
- Place the galette on your baking pan or sheet.
- Sprinkle the edges with sugar.
- Bake, the Galette for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the crust, is golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate
links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com