Eggless Nutella Chocolate Cake

eggless nutella cocholate cakeI have been trying to come up with different eggless cake recipes, since some of my readers are allergic to eggs, or have kids who are.

eggless nutella cocholate cake 4I know how kids enjoy eating cake especially chocolate cake, and when your kid is in a birthday party where everyone can enjoy the cake except him, it can break your and his heart.

eggless nutella cocholate cake 7 Today I’m sharing this amazing Eggless Nutella Chocolate Cake with you, it is very moist and will remind you of the chocolate cake mix sold in a box, but this cake tastes far much better and is good for you since you know what’s in it. eggless nutella cocholate cake 2

This cake was a big hit and everyone enjoyed it, you can never tell that it’s eggless, and the best part is it stays moist even after two days. You can use it as a Birthday cake, or bake it in cupcake liners.

eggless nutella cocholate cake 1 My search for more eggless cakes is still on :)

Eggless Nutella Chocolate Cake

Serves 12. 148 calories per slice.

12 tablespoons sugar

14 tablespoons all purpose flour

6 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 medium apple peeled and chopped

1/2 cup low fat milk

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup boiling water

2 tablespoons nutella

- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.

- In a blender, add apple, milk, sugar, vanilla, oil, cocoa powder, and nutella. Blend until smooth keep aside.

- In a separate bowl sift or whisk all the dry ingredients.

- Pour the wet ingredients on the dry and gently stir using a whisk or a spatula. Do not over mix.

– Pour the boiling water in the batter and stir to combine.

- Pour the batter in 8×8 greased and floured baking pan, or you can use parchment paper, which I feel is best for this cake.

- Bake for 30 minutes, then insert a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.

- This cake should stay in the baking pan to cool, then refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

- This cake needs the one hour in the fridge for the flavors to come together. Cut into 12 squares.

Note: The lines on the cake created by using Nutella, and is not included in the calorie counted.

Cooksnaps

32 Comments on Eggless Nutella Chocolate Cake

1. Medeja
    16/03/2014 at 5:13 pm (6 months ago)

It really looks so moist and delicious.. I managed to finish Nutella on Friday.. :(

• munatycooking
      16/03/2014 at 10:04 pm (6 months ago)

Hehehe, we always keep two big jars of Nutella just in case :)

2. Angie (@angiesrecipess)
    17/03/2014 at 1:23 am (6 months ago)

148cal..is the frosting included?
    I see that you use baking soda for the cake, so I will resume that cocoa powder you used is not Dutch-processed?
    The cake does look very moist and beautiful, Muna.

• munatycooking
      17/03/2014 at 6:16 am (6 months ago)

Hi Angie, the frosting (lines made from Nutella) are not included in the calories counted.
      You are right, I’ve used unsweetened cocoa powder.
      Thanks for the complement girl, the cake did turn out very moist and chocolaty, hope you try it :)

3. Angie (@angiesrecipess)
    17/03/2014 at 1:29 am (6 months ago)

p.s What is boiling water for? Didn’t see it in the baking directions..

• munatycooking
      17/03/2014 at 6:18 am (6 months ago)

That’s my bad! I’ve added a step in the baking instruction showing to pour the boiling water after first combining the wet and dry ingredients. Thanks for letting me know, so sweet of you :)

4. Nami | Just One Cookbook
    17/03/2014 at 4:10 am (6 months ago)

I have limited baking knowledge and I am always interested in finding out how some baked goods don’t need eggs and flours but it turn out so well. It’s a bit mystery to me (for savory food, cooking seems obvious to me). Looks like a wonderful chocolate cake, and nutella? My favorite! Looks so good!!

• munatycooking
      17/03/2014 at 6:21 am (6 months ago)

I never bothered to try baking without eggs before, until I started baking for my son’s school and came to know the number of kids who can’t enjoy cakes because they are allergic to eggs! It’s fun and sometimes my attempts fail too, but this time it succeeded.

5. Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchen
    18/03/2014 at 3:54 am (6 months ago)

So happy I found this cake via Pinterest! Looks fabulous and so simple! :) Pinned!

• munatycooking
      18/03/2014 at 5:17 am (6 months ago)

Thanks for stopping by Ceara, I’m sure you’ll love this cake :)

6. veenashankar
    18/03/2014 at 4:03 am (6 months ago)

so tasty and moist looking cake..

• munatycooking
      18/03/2014 at 5:16 am (6 months ago)

7. Aisha
    18/03/2014 at 7:23 am (6 months ago)

Hi,
    My little brother is allergic to egg,nuts,glotin,soya&milk,, and his birthday is soon, do you have any suggests for cake with frosting??

• munatycooking
      18/03/2014 at 11:29 am (6 months ago)

There are many frosting that are dairy free, unfortunately I don’t have one on my blog.

8. Winnie
    18/03/2014 at 11:15 pm (6 months ago)

Wow that cake look delicious! I just got into eggless baking myself and I love it! Who would have thought that a cake could be so moist without eggs but it works! Great job on your photos as well:)

• munatycooking
      19/03/2014 at 5:14 am (6 months ago)

Thank you :) … I think finding different ingredients to replace eggs in baking is fun, and I look forward to baking more eggless goodies!

9. Katherine
    15/05/2014 at 3:30 pm (4 months ago)

What is the apple for?

• munatycooking
      15/05/2014 at 11:56 pm (4 months ago)

The apple acts like an egg when cooked and make the cake moist.

10. Bhagyashree
    06/06/2014 at 4:20 am (3 months ago)

Hi Munaty this looks great! Can i skip the apple and use buttermilk or vinegar? Considering its just a substitute for egg !

Thanks!

• munatycooking
      06/06/2014 at 5:24 am (3 months ago)

Hi Bhagya, I’ve never tried to use buttermilk or vinegar as substitute in this recipe, and not sure if using vinegar will make this cake as moist as when using apple. You will not taste the apple in this cake at all if that’s your concern.

11. Divisha
    04/07/2014 at 8:43 pm (2 months ago)

Hi
    For the tablespoon measurements that you have written can I use the plastic spoons measurements to measure the flour sugar cocoa etc

• munatycooking
      05/07/2014 at 6:15 am (2 months ago)

I use measuring spoons, it is a set of 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, etc. These spoons can be found as plastic or metal.

12. Divisha
    04/07/2014 at 8:58 pm (2 months ago)

Hi
    Which vegetable oil should we use
    Pls suggest canola oil?

• munatycooking
      05/07/2014 at 6:12 am (2 months ago)

Hi, You can use any vegetable oil, sunflower, canola, or corn oil, but it shouldn’t be olive oi since the taste will take over.

13. Shreya
    07/08/2014 at 5:34 am (1 month ago)

Hi,
    I just had a really stupid question but it’s my first time baking an eggless cake and because it’s for a friend I want to get it perfect. How many grams approximately would the apple be. I can only find tiny ones so I thought I’d add accordingly. Again sorry for asking such a stupid question.

• munatycooking
      07/08/2014 at 6:03 am (1 month ago)

Hi Shreya, Thanks for stopping by and your question is not stupid! The apple should be around 120 to 140 gm … Let me know how it turned out :)

14. Ritu
    09/08/2014 at 12:35 am (1 month ago)

Hey, nice looking cake! I want to try it, but one question before that. Can i use applesauce instead of apple? Thanks!

• munatycooking
      09/08/2014 at 6:00 am (1 month ago)

Hi Ritu, I’ve never used apple sauce in this recipe, but I think it’ll be ok!

15. Sunaina
    22/08/2014 at 8:08 am (4 weeks ago)

I substituted the vegetable oil with virgin coconut oil which added a really nice flavor to the cake. I also reduced the sugar to half and added bananas instead of apple. Overall it turned out to be very moist and delicious. Thanks for such a nice recipe.

• munatycooking
      22/08/2014 at 8:48 am (4 weeks ago)

Hi Sunaina, Thanks for trying my recipe, I’m sure my reader will benefit from your suggestions :)

16. Yean
    24/08/2014 at 9:54 am (3 weeks ago)

Hi Muna.. I tried out this eggless nutella chocolate cake and it tasted great. Thank you for such and easy recipe. Maybe you can share more on eggless cooking …

• munatycooking
      24/08/2014 at 11:11 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Yean, Thanks for your kind comment, I have few more eggless cakes on my blog and more will come soon :)