Today I’m sharing this amazing Eggless Nutella Chocolate Cake with you, it is very moist and will remind you of the chocolate cake mix sold in a box, but this cake tastes far much better and is good for you since you know what’s in it.
This cake was a big hit and everyone enjoyed it, you can never tell that it’s eggless, and the best part is it stays moist even after two days. You can use it as a Birthday cake, or bake it in cupcake liners.
Eggless Nutella Chocolate Cake
Serves 12. 148 calories per slice.
12 tablespoons sugar
14 tablespoons all purpose flour
6 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 medium apple peeled and chopped
1/2 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons nutella
– Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
– In a blender, add apple, milk, sugar, vanilla, oil, cocoa powder, and nutella. Blend until smooth keep aside.
– In a separate bowl sift or whisk all the dry ingredients.
– Pour the wet ingredients on the dry and gently stir using a whisk or a spatula. Do not over mix.
– Pour the boiling water in the batter and stir to combine.
– Pour the batter in 8×8 greased and floured baking pan, or you can use parchment paper, which I feel is best for this cake.
– Bake for 30 minutes, then insert a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
– This cake should stay in the baking pan to cool, then refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
– This cake needs the one hour in the fridge for the flavors to come together. Cut into 12 squares.
Note: The lines on the cake created by using Nutella, and is not included in the calorie counted.