This Butter Chicken recipe is dedicated to my mom, who many years back, brought home something that made everything taste better. She brought Lurpak Butter. Lurpak is our family favorite, and I can’t imagine opening the fridge and not finding it there. Lurpak amazingly enhances the flavor of any dish.
I’m starting a mini-series where I share delicious dishes cooked with butter, and believe me it makes a lot of difference in the taste and the aroma of the dish.
Today I give you Butter Chicken. There are many recipes for butter chicken out there, but what I was looking for is an easy recipe, which has the rich flavor of butter and cream.
Butter chicken is not a dish that one should indulge in frequently. Yes, the taste is out of this world, but the calories are high.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 2 chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons butter and one tablespoon oil.
- Fry the chicken, when it's browned remove from heat and keep aside.
- To the remaining oil in the saucepan, add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste an stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stir for 3-4 minutes. Add coriander, garam masala, and salt.
- Add water and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Let the mixture cool down then add to the blender. Add more water (may take one cup or one cup and half) if the mixture turned out too thick.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and add the tomato sauce to it through a sieve.
- Add the chicken, ketchup, sugar, and cream. Stir to blend.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- If the sauce is too thick, add around ½ cup boiling water.
- Serve with Indian bread or plain rice.