Besides sharing a delicious Lemon Cake Recipe, I am also asking you to enter an amazing Giveaway! But first let’s take a minute and talk about this moist, lemon flavored cake, with caramelized apples and almonds covering its bottom, upgrading this lemon cake recipe to a whole new level of awesomeness.
Another recipe that goes well with this season. It is refreshing and can be served as a dessert after BBQ. There is no frosting or Icing on this lemon cake. Hence, it is perfect and keeps for a long time. Coffee is its best companion, but you can enjoy it with tea.
How to make a lemon cake
To make this lemon cake, you must use buttermilk. Buttermilk with baking soda and the acidity from the lemon juice, make this cake super moist, and it stays moist for a long time even if refrigerated. In case you don’t have buttermilk on hand, then add two tablespoons of white vinegar to a half cup of milk, mix and leave it aside for five minutes.
The apple I used to layer the bottom of the cake was green, it holds its shape better, and the tangy flavor goes well with the cake. You can use the apples you have at home, but make sure that you slice the apple a minute before pouring the batter over it to prevent the apple slices from turning dark and soft. To slice the apple in advance and prevent it from turning brown, submerge the apple slices with cold water and add two tablespoons of lemon juice to it.
Using a springform pan and parchment paper make removing the lemon cake from the pan a breeze. Springform pans are great when baking cheesecake too. The lemon cake will come out nicely and in one piece if parchment paper is used instead of greasing and dusting the pan with flour.
I’m not going to talk more about this yummy lemon flavored, moist lemon cake anymore but instead, invite you to enter the giveaway that I was planning to host since few months. More details on the giveaway and how to enter under the recipe.
More Cake Recipes For You
Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Lemon cake recipe!
Super easy Lemon Cake Recipe. Moist, lemony, and delicious. The bottom is layered with brown sugar, apple, and almonds. Enjoy the taste of caramelized fruit while having a great cake.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- A medium apple peeled cored, and sliced
- Enough brown sugar to cover the bottom of the baking pan
- ½ cup almond slices
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line your 8” baking pan (I used springform) with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, add the sugar, vanilla, and the eggs. Beat until the mixture is creamy and light in color.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, buttermilk, and oil to the wet mixture and mix for two minutes until combined.
- Add the flour and mix gently for few seconds. Ignore the lumps if you see any, but don’t mix the batter for more than 30 seconds or the cake won’t be light in texture.
- Distribute the brown sugar evenly to the bottom of the baking pan to cover it. Sprinkle the almond slices over the brown sugar. Evenly layer the apple slices over the almond and brown sugar.
- Pour the cake batter over the layered apple slices. Tap the baking pan one time and gently over the kitchen counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 9 minutes, then flip on a wire rack (bottom of the cake should be facing up while cooking on the wire rack.). When the cake is completely cool, cut into slices and enjoy with coffee or tea.
I would like to thank my readers who encouraged me, supported me, and are loyal to my blog. I’m so glad that you’ve been enjoying my recipes and sharing them with your loved ones!
Today I am giving away TWO $25 Amazon gift cards to two winners. Entering this giveaway is easy.
1 – Click on the Pin share button and pin the long image of this post to your board.
2- Click on the Facebook share button and share this post on your timeline or page.
3- If you don’t want to be known, please send me a private message on Facebook letting me know that you shared the post. Or you can leave a comment below with the same.
Giveaway is open to USA residents only.
You must be at least 18 at the time of participating in this giveaway.
Giveaway ends on August 2nd, 2018 @ 12:00 am EST.
Best of luck
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com