Serve this creamy garlic chicken in less than 30 minutes, and enjoy this flavorful delight with mashed potato, rice, or even pasta. I have to confess, I loved the creamy sauce so much I didn’t need a side dish to enjoy it. Yes, there is a lot of garlic here, but with the rest of the ingredients, its flavor is very much balanced.
Usually, my dishes are full of strong spices, and that’s how I like my food but at times I crave lightly seasoned dishes but with a flavor that will blow one’s mind, like this creamy garlic chicken.
If you can make this dish in less than 30 minutes, impress your family and yourself first of course, then why not make some this evening?! In fact, I would love for you to be creative and let me know the changes you made to this version.
Creamy Garlic Chicken a Quick and Easy dinner idea.
I have chosen spices that go well together and are amazing if used in chicken dishes. You can’t imagine how good the chicken pieces looked and the aroma it released in my kitchen, was just super tempting. Yes, I grabbed a few pieces of chicken after frying it, I had to check that it’s cooked and seasoned properly 😛
Have a quick look at the ingredients below, I’m sure you have everything in your kitchen. Now, imagine that all you have to do is season the chicken (you don’t have to marinate it for hours or even minutes.), then fry the chicken for few minutes (It took me maximum 6 to 7 minutes on medium-high.) remove the chicken and add the flour, then garlic, and then the rest of ingredients, isn’t it simple?
I won’t type more and will let you run to the kitchen and make this creamy garlic chicken. Happy cooking!
And here is how to make it.
- ***FOR THE CHICKEN
- 4 chicken thighs skinless and cut into bite size
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste I used around ¾ teaspoon
- 3 tablespoon oil to fry.
- ***FOR THE SAUCE
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ***TO MAKE THE CHICKEN
- In a bowl, add the chicken and all the spices and salt. Mix and keep aside.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and when hot add the chicken, cook until the chicken is lightly brown and cooked.
- This will take few minutes. Remove the chicken and keep aside.
- *** TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- Some oil will be left in the previous pan, add the flour to it and on medium heat stir for two minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir on medium heat, careful not to brown the garlic. Now add the milk and keep on stirring.
- When the sauce is little thick add the salt and black pepper. Stir for one minute.
- Add the chicken and stir for another minute. Turn off the heat, the sauce will get thicker when it cools a little.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
Follow me on Pinterest!