What is wrong with me? I woke up this morning craving honey, so I made Mixed Nuts Honey Granola Bars!
Who craves honey? If you ever craved honey, please let me know in the comment box below so I know I’m not alone.
Although granola is one of my favorite snacks, I tend to not have it around me in a bar form, the reason is obvious. I will finish it in no time.
Mixed Nuts Honey Granola Bars.
Let’s talk about the Mixed Nuts Honey Granola Bars I’m sharing with you today. I’m not going to talk about how delicious these granola bars were, forget it I won’t talk about how incredible these bars smelled. The chewy texture of these bars will not be discussed here.
I’m going to talk briefly about the health aspect of these Mixed Nuts Honey Granola Bars, so I won’t feel guilty later when I finish them.
These Mixed Nuts Honey Granola Bars, are packed with everything that will make your digestive system smile. Oats will lower cholesterol level, enhances the immune system, and stabilize blood sugar. Honey will prevent cancer and skin diseases, even the spices used are good for strengthening your digestive system.
I want to say that I love these granola bars for its health benefits, but I’ll be lying. I love to eat these bars period. There is another recipe on my blog for Granola no eggs used, don’t forget to check it out.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- **Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ roughly chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup sliced or roughly chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Pinch of salt
- **Wet ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Line 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the mixture in the lined baking pan. Distribute evenly using the back of a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the granola cool. Cut to even bars using a serrated knife.