A great tasting Vegetable Chow Mein that’s better than what you order from your favorite restaurant! It’s made in less than 20 minutes and with less oil. Use your favorite vegetables along with tender noodles, make this chow mein a crave-worthy.
An easy and healthy dinner that can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian by using your favorite protein. A mix of colorful vegetables with a great tasting sauce and your choice of tender noodles.
You have to be quick when cooking Chow Mein, so chop your vegetables ahead of time and keep it ready. All the ingredients are cooked in just a few minutes.
Keep the flame high; the vegetables shouldn’t be overcooked; it should have a bite to it.
The Chow Mein Noodles
I like to use egg noodles, but you can go for Choe Mein noodles or even Yakisoba noodles. But the good news is if you don’t have these noodles you can still make a great chow mein using Ramen noodles, but instead of the seasoning package, you should use the sauce prepared for the Vegetable chow mein only.
Chow Mein Sauce
In some recipes, Mirin is added to the sauce, but I am Muslim and can’t consume alcohol, so the sauce we are making today will not have Mirin or other rice wine. I am omitting sugar too, I feel that it ruins the taste of vegetable with the noodles, but if you like sweetness in your chow mein, then you can add a teaspoon of sugar to the sauce.
Ingredients for the chow mein sauce:
- Soy sauce.
- Oyster sauce.
- Black pepper.
- Water or vegetable stock.
- Sesame oil.
What vegetables to use in Vegetable Chow Mein
You can use what your heart desire when it comes to vegetables, but it is best to use vegetables with a crunch, like carrots, cabbage, spring onion, bean sprout, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
How to make Chinese vegetable Chow Mein
To make a good vegetable chow mein in a short time, use a wide pan or a wok. Cut the vegetables and keep them aside. Make sure the wok is hot then add the oil, garlic, and ginger.
Add the vegetables and stir fry the vegetables for a minute or so on high heat. Add the cooked noodles and stir. Lastly, add the sauce and stir to cover all the vegetables and noodles with the sauce.
More Asian Recipes For You
Easy Vegetable Chow Mein
- 3 oz or 85 gm Noodles I have used egg noodles
- 2 garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 large carrot cut in strips julienne
- ½ green bell pepper cut in julienne
- ½ red bell pepper cut in julienne
- 1 spring onion sliced
- ½ a small cabbage cut in julienne
- 1 ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon water or vegetable stock
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cook the noodles as per the instruction on the package. Drain and sprinkle with two teaspoons of oil to avoid the noodles from sticking.
- In a hot wok, Add the cooking oil and when it’s hot, add the ginger and garlic. Stir for two seconds.
- Add the carrot and sauté for a few seconds, then add the rest of the vegetables and sauté for half a minute.
- In a bowl, mix the sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, black pepper, salt, and water. Keep aside.
- Add the Cooked noodles to the vegetables and mix well. Pour the soy and oyster sauce mixture over the noodles and mix well again.
- Serve the vegetable Chow Mein immediately.
This page may contain affiliate
links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.comPinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Leave a Comment