Chocolate Crinkles – The love for chocolate and desserts made of chocolate will never end, not in my book at least. These cookies are everything a chocolate lover seeks if you think brownies, fudge, or chocolate cookies all you have to do is bake these chocolate crinkle cookies.
Making these cookies was easy, no stand mixer needed and the whole dough comes together in minutes. I won’t lie, the dough smelled so good I wanted to take a bite while forming the cookie balls. Smelling chocolate is soothing and comforting.
Chewy and Fudgy Chocolate Crinkles are going to be your favorite cookies to make and your families Number one cookie to ask for. Everything you need to make these jewels should be in your kitchen cabinet already.
Making Chocolate Crinkles
The one thing that I will stress on is sifting the dry ingredients. Most people take sifting the dry ingredients together lightly.
I have to admit that I do the same sometimes, but sifting at least three times will ensure that there are no lumps and that the ingredients are all mixed well, which will result in identical cookies.
You don’t have to use room temperature ingredients because eventually, the dough will rest in the fridge for a while. However, baking cookies or cakes using room temperature ingredients will assist the ingredients to combine in a better manner.
Good quality chocolate is a must! Some cocoa powder out there can be bitter or not chocolaty enough, using that type of quality will ruin your hard work and the Chocolate crinkles recipe will fail.
Some use chocolate cake mixes to make chocolate crinkles, I never tried it I love making these cookies from scratch, I guess I like to take the whole credit
The last thing but not least, using a nonstick cookie sheet for baking these beauties is a good idea, but it is smart to use parchment paper too and I will tell you why.
If your oven rack is not leveled and is tilting to one side more than the other, chances are that your cookies will slide and fall.
The burning smell will not only take over your whole house but will destroy the flavor of the cookies you are baking. Better be safe and use parchment paper which will prevent these unpleasant incidents from taking place.
If you love chocolate you’ll love these recipes:
Now, let’s bake some brownie-like texture chocolate crinkle cookies!
Chocolate Crinkles Brownie Like Delicious Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch three times and keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, oil, sugar, vanilla until well combined. Add the egg and beat for two minutes.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix. Do not over mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Place parchment paper on baking sheet and keep aside.
- From the cookie dough form equal size balls, around one tablespoon for each ball.
- Coat the balls with confectioners’ sugar and place on baking sheet leaving 2-inch space between each ball.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Leave cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes then place on wire rack to cool completely.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com