If you have some leftover chicken, please use it to make my Chicken Mushroom Cream Soup. I like creamy soups and I used to make some often when I was trying to eat healthy (if you know what I mean), creamy thick soups used to keep me full for hours!
Chicken Mushroom Cream Soup
Making this soup will not take much of your time since you are using previously cooked chicken, rest are vegetables and they are cooked and ready in minutes.
In case you are vegetarian, omit the chicken and use vegetable stock, in both cases, this soup will still taste good and even better when served with Bread.
I didn’t specify the mushroom type in the recipe, I used button mushrooms, but you can use any type available in your kitchen.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken previously cooked and cut in cubes
- 1 cup mixed vegetables chopped I used frozen veg
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cold milk
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, add the butter, when melted add the mushrooms and vegetables, sauté until mushrooms are light brown.
- Add the flour and stir for two minutes on medium heat. Pour cold milk while stirring then add the chicken stock.
- Keep stirring and when the soup comes to a boil, add the chicken, all spice, and salt. Reduce the heat and let simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- If the soup is too thick for your taste, add hot water and stir.
- This soup, best served with Bread.