Everyone knows I have a giant sweet tooth, and baking sweet treats fills my heart with joy. I feel like celebrating every time I create a new dessert (l mean throwing a party for real). This may sound crazy to you if you are not a food blogger but in my world food blogger’s planet, it is normal to feel this way. The recipe I’m sharing today is inspired by this video, after watching it I could not help myself and decided to make an Apple Almond Cake.
Apple Almond Cake
Did you eat something so good that you wished you were the one who invented or created it? Well, I have that feeling right now, I wish I can take the credit for this recipe, and reasons are:
One: This cake is so moist.
Two: It’s buttery.
Three: The toasted almonds went great with this cake, it not only made the Apple Almond Cake look good, but also gave it a hint of nutty flavor and a light crunch.
Four: This Apple Almond Cake looks elegant.
Five: It’s so delicious and although it’s rich, you will go for another slice.
Six: Apple Almond Cake, is not as sweet as other cakes, the sweetness is perfectly balanced.
Seven: It made my kitchen smell sooooo good.
Don’t be surprised, Apple Almond Cake has a lot of butter, and we all know that butter makes everything better! Having said that it’s better to enjoy a slice and not to over indulge.
I won’t mention how fast the cake disappeared in my house because that will be embarrassing! However, I can tell you that we didn’t feel guilty attacking this beauty the way we did. Oh, and let me mention that the best companion to this cake is black coffee with no sugar added.
I hope I tempted you enough to make you want to make this Apple Almond Cake. I am almost certain that this cake was created to please a royal family, something is very sophisticated about it.
I’ve made minor changes to the original recipe to make this cake fluffy, and moist.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
Apple Almond Cake
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1 peeled and sliced apple to place on top of the batter.
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds To sprinkle between the apples.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Line a 9” spring form pan with parchment paper, or grease, flour the pan, and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients – except almonds - and whisk well.
- In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Add the dry to wet ingredients and whisk gently until combined. Do not overdo this step or the cake will come out dry and tough.
- Pour the batter the baking pan, then place the apple slices gently on top. Add the almonds between each apple slice and in the middle of the cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Keep the cake in the pan and cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from the pan and let it cool completely on cooling rack.