Salmon Patties are great for breakfast or brunch, in this salmon patty recipe, I am using canned salmon. Fresh salmon can be used in this recipe if baked and then flaked. I will show you how to make a canned salmon tastes out of this world with few ingredients.
Instead of whole egg we will use the yolk only, and instead of flour or bread crumbs, we are going to use potatoes to keep the salmon patties tender, the potatoes will also make forming the salmon patties easy and will prevent the salmon patty from breaking.
How To Make Salmon Patties
Making salmon patties is as easy as adding all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing them. The only step that requires cooking before making the salmon patties is boiling the potato.
After removing the skin and the bones from the canned salmon, add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix using a form, and try to mash the boiled potato while doing so.
I have used few spices, and of course, you can use any combination of spices you like, but as always I think it is best to follow this salmon patty recipe without changing anything, and after tasting the patties you will have a better idea on what to add or omit.
Tender Salmon Patty
Salmon patties can be served with grits, green salad, or make a sandwich out of it and enjoy. The key here is to pick a good quality canned salmon. There are many out there, some canned salmon have a loud smell, and using that type can ruin your salmon patties recipe.
When frying the salmon patties remember that the ingredients do not need to be cooked, except the egg yolk, and that won’t take long, so make your goal is to have golden looking salmon patty and not to overcook it. These patties taste great and overcooking them will surely ruin the flavor.
Let’s make brunch!
Salmon Patties Easy Recipe
- 1 small potato peeled cut in thick slices and boiled
- 400 gm canned salmon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup deseeded tomato
- Oil for shallow frying
- Remove the bones and the skin from the salmon.
- Add all the ingredients in mixing bowl. Use a form to mix the salmon with the rest of the ingredients while mashing the potato in the process.
- When the ingredients are well-combined, form equal shaped salmon patties and place on a plate.
- Heat a frying pan and then add around three tablespoon oil to shallow fry the patties.
- Place the patties in the heated pan and fry on medium heat until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with green salad or grits.