Grilled Spicy Salmon – Summer is over, it’s cold, and raining outside but guess what? I want to BBQ! This time the BBQ took place at home and I enjoyed it just as much. Have you tried grilling Salmon? If you did, then you probably know why am I so crazy about it.
The flavor you get from grilling meat can never be compared to the flavor of a baked one. When grilling, the fat from the meat drip on the charcoal, in return the charcoal creates a smoky aroma and flavor, which boost the taste of the meat.
Even vegetables taste better grilled. Honestly, I am no fan of vegetables but I can have plenty if grilled.
Don’t forget the butter when you grill any type of meat, let me remind you that everything tastes amazing with little butter!
How to Make Grilled Spicy Salmon
Grilling fish is tricky, well, more of messy than tricky. The fish when grilled breaks and most of the time sticks to the grill. You end up with few pieces burnt which ruin the whole BBQ.
My friends at Cave Tools have sent me a Fish Grill Basket, which we used in grilling our salmon. The basket prevents the fish form direct contact with heat which gives the salmon enough time to cook thoroughly without burning.
All you have to do is season your fish and place it on the Fish Grill Basket. This basket is designed to accommodate a thick slice of fish too.
But don’t just use it for Grilling fish. This Fish Basket is excellent for grilling vegetables. If you are interested in having your own Fish Grill Basket then click here and get a 15% discount when you use this code: FISH15
I haven’t used much spices in this recipe, since grilling add extra flavor to the salmon and you do not want to use a lot of spice, which can kill that taste.
Now, let me show you how easy it is to make a delicious grilled spicy salmon!
Grilled Spicy Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon butter room temperature
- Get your grill ready.
- Pat the salmon dry. Brush the salmon with butter on both sides.
- Mix the spices and season the salmon.
- Place the salmon in the fish grill basket. Place on the grill.
- Cook for few minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon and the heat from the grill, cook the salmon until flaky. Might take between 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with salads or rice.