Warning: Chili Chicken Fry has the power to keep your mouth wide open and make you cry, it can turn your nose red, and numb your lips for a while! The amount of green hot chili used in this recipe will hurt, BAD!
You are brave and such warnings won’t stop you from trying this dish but I had to be fair and get this off my chest! Don’t get me wrong, chili chicken fry is a delicious dish and it is perfectly seasoned (despite the extra heat), it’s not at all one of those all heat and no flavor kind of dishes.
Making Chili Chicken Fry
There are different types of green chilies out there, they look the same but differ in the level of heat. Green chili adds a great flavor to food so please do not omit the hot green chili from this recipe, but you can reduce the amount of course.
Tender chicken pieces in the spicy and thick sauce, Chili Chicken Fry is best served with plain white rice, you don’t want any other flavor to mask this tasty delight.
This is off topic but I thought why not share it. I am typing this post and at the same time waiting for my hubby to pick me up for the Dentist appointment. My Dentist is good but for some reason, I can never get over the Dentist Office fear. Well, I told you it’s off topic but I feel better now that I typed it! Can you tell if I’m scared??
Ok, let’s gather our courage and make some Chili Chicken Fry. Are you ready for this guys?!!
- 2 thighs and 2 legs skinless cut into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1- inch ginger
- 5 hot green chilies you can use 1 or two if you can’t stand the heat
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup water
- In a blender, add ginger, garlic, and green chili, you might need to add 3 tablespoon water. Blend until smooth or you can pound it instead.
- In a pan, add the ghee and when hot add the onion and cook until light brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until you see brown patches on both sides. Add the pounded or blended mixture and mix for two minutes on medium low.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix for 2 minutes. Add the water and let it cook until the ghee separates and come to the surface.
Want more recipes like Chili Chicken Fry? Follow me on Pinterest.