Today I’m sharing a recipe that I enjoy and it is Baked Crusted Salmon.
My sister in law is famous for making tender and flavorful baked salmon, and I’m dedicating this post to her, since she is the one who gave me tips on how to make the perfect salmon.
I guess salmon is a type of fish that can taste delicious just by adding salt and black pepper, all you have to be careful with is the baking time.
I had my bad luck with salmon before, I made it dry, salty, I even managed to burn it, but hey, practice makes perfect, if I didn’t go through all those experiences I wouldn’t have come up with Baked Crusted Salmon recipe!
There are many types of salmon in the market and they are slightly different in color too. When it comes to cooking, (to me) they all taste almost the same except maybe some have more fat.
Having said that, today’s recipe of Baked Crusted Salmon can be used with any type of salmon, actually even with any type of fish, just make sure that the bread crumbs you are using is toasted.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
Baked Crusted Salmon
- The herb blend:
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- *Mix herbs in a blender and use ½ teaspoon from it for this recipe. Store the rest in a small airtight container.
- For the Salmon:
- ½ cup toasted breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon of herb blend
- 2 salmon steaks
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F/ 190C.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Mix breadcrumbs with ½ teaspoon of mixed herbs and butter.
- Brush both sides of the salmon with olive oil, season with salt.
- Add the seasoned breadcrumbs on top of the salmon and gently press.
- Place salmon on baking sheet, crust side up, and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.