Yogurt Citrus Cake is the best dessert you should go for if on a diet. Not that it will help you lose weight faster, or boost your metabolism, but it has a rich taste, giving you the feeling that you have cheated, although you didn’t.
This cake is spongy in texture, has a balanced tangy taste, exceptional aroma, and satisfies your cravings for sure.
I kept the serving size big enough to kill any sugar or carb cravings for at least few days. It’s only 120 calories but will give the satisfaction of having 300 calories cake with frosting.
The reason I’ve introduced this dessert is not to make you indulge in carbs all the time. I believe that diet or no diet, you should eat what you like but with moderation, yet you have to remember that carbs make you feel hungry quickly.
Yes! Having carbs is no problem but they are digested fairly faster than protein, hence, you feel hungry sooner than expected, and that leads to overeating.
Making Yogurt Citrus Cake.
So please balance your diet, have your protein and carbs in moderation. Make the carb portion small in your meal and the portion of protein bigger, this way you got your carbs and prevented early feelings of hunger.
Let me introduce you to an amazing product which will not add up to your calorie intake and go well with my Yogurt Citrus Cake. Island Coconut® .
Island coconut coffee is light roasted coffee and has a hint of coconut flavor. I’ve enjoyed having this coffee along with a piece of cake.
It is not a strong coffee, so it’s the perfect companion to desserts.
Opening the pack was a pleasant experience on its own, the smell of this coffee is so fresh and sinful. We loved the taste and texture of Island coconut coffee.
If you buy this product, you will enjoy its smooth taste and pleasing aroma.
Now the Giveaway…..
One winner will receive one pack of Island Coconut Coffee. To enter this giveaway all you have to do is:
1) Follow Green Mountain on twitter.
2) Subscribe to MunatyCooking’s Youtube Channel.
This Giveaway is open for US residents only, and will end on August 1st, 2013.
The winner is Xenia Lok.
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup full cream yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- - Preheat oven to 180C/356F.
- - In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, lemon and orange zest, baking soda, and salt.
- - In a blender add the rest of ingredient and blend well.
- - Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently. Avoid over mixing.
- - Use a parchment paper or grease an 8x8" baking pan, pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 20 -25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Follow me on Pinterest!