Cashew Chicken Recipe
Cashew Chicken tastes much better when made at home. Follow this recipe to enjoy tender chicken cooked in mouthwatering sauce with fewer calories.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 300 gm boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 4 or 5 dried red chili
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves cut into thin slices
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 medium scallions chopped
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons warm water
Making the Chicken Cashew:
- Fry cashews and dry chili in 2 tablespoons hot oil until golden in color. Set aside.
- Mix chicken with flour until well covered. Fry the chicken in previous hot oil until golden in color, about 3 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Add onion and fry for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and then the chicken, stir for 1 minute. Add cashews.
- Add the sauce the previous mixture and stir well for few seconds. Add chopped scallions, stir for few seconds, then turn off the heat.