To make the freekeh:
- Wash the freekeh with cold water and rinse.
- In a hot pan, add the olive oil and when hot add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the freekeh and stir for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the spices and stir for few seconds. Pour the boiling water.
- When it comes to a boil add chicken bouillon and stir. Cover the pan tightly and let it cook on very low heat.
- It will take around 40 to 50 minutes for the freekeh to cook. Check on it and stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
To make the fish:
- Season both sides of the fish with black pepper and salt.
- Dredge the fish in the flour to coat both sides.
- In a frying pan, add the oil and butter.
- Fry the fish. It will take around two minutes on each side, also cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve freekeh with fish on top. Garnish with raisins.
Note: There are two types of freekeh, cracked grain and whole grain. The cracked grain takes around 15 minutes to cook, while the whole grain can take between 45 – 50 minutes to cook.