Arabian Chicken Stew
Hearty and healthy chicken stew can be served with rice or bread. Is a popular scrumptious Arabian dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 450 gm skinless chicken thighs
- 450 gm skinless chicken legs
- Or 900gm skinless chicken cut into eight pieces
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large potato diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 8 cups boiling water
In a hot pan, add oil and onion, cook until onion turns light brown.
Add the chicken and cook on medium heat until you see light brown patches on both sides of chicken.
Add the potatoes and carrot and stir for three minutes.
Add the tomatoes, stir for three minutes, then cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. (Do check on it so it doesn't burn since the heat of different stoves varies and my medium heat might be high on your stove.)
Add the garlic and spices and stir to combine.
Add the zucchini and tomato paste and stir for two minutes.
Now is the time to season with salt, then Add the boiling water and let the stew cook for 45 – 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Add the coriander and stir for three minutes.