Indian Strong Tea, Karak Chai. This recipe is for a strong Indian tea perfumed with cardamom and other warm spices. It is delicious and a must try!
Prep Time 2minutes
Cook Time 6minutes
Total Time 8minutes
Author Muna Kenny
2whole cardamom crushed
1/2inchslice of ginger
1-inchstick of cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add the water, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and clove.
- When the water comes to a boil, add sugar and the tea bags, reduce the heat. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and cover the tea. Let it steep for two minutes.
- Add the milk and bring the tea to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute.
- Strain the tea and serve hot.
Note 1: Tea is very delicate, letting it boil for long will change its taste and reduce the flavor. Note 2: Steeping the tea is the best way to let the flavor of the spices and tea come together, so don't skip this step. Note 3: You can reduce the calories by reducing the amount of sugar and using low fat evaporated milk.