I know I know, there are not many vegetarian recipes on my blog, what a shame! I’m going to fix that right away and will start with this simple and delicious Veggie Burger recipe which I hope you’ll try and enjoy.
Veggie Burger is fun to make, kids can help you in the kitchen while making it, and they might be tempted to eat the veggie burger (even if they hate vegetables) simply because they made it.
Top the Veggie Burger with cheese, ketchup, or mustard. You can make double Veggie Burger, or add caramelized onion and mushrooms on top, make your own version of extras.
I have baked these burgers but you can shallow fry them, read in the note below how to do so and how many calories you’ll be adding to it.
I’ll try my best to add more vegetarian recipes on my blog, but for now, give these healthy delights a try!
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 small onion finely copped
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potato
- 1 cup mixed vegetables I used frozen
- 3/4 cup chickpeas canned
- 1/4 cup corn canned
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste vegetables don't need much salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder can use other spice or reduce the amount.
- 1 teaspoon oil to use when shaping the patties
- - Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- - Put all ingredients (except oil) in one bowl. Mix ingredients together with a spatula.
- - Using a masher, mash the vegetables.
- - Dip a spoon in oil and take out four tablespoons from the mashed vegetables.
- - Oil your fingers and shape the mashed vegetables into a patty.
- - Make 5 equal size patties, place on baking sheet lined with baking/parchment paper.
- - Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, serve hot.
Note: If you like the taste of fried veggie burger, then fry these patties in 2 teaspoons oil and shallow fry for 2-3 minutes on both side on medium heat. The calories will increase to 96 calories per patty.