Note: Please note that the amount of water needed to knead the dough may vary depending on the brand of flour you are using. Although I’ve mentioned 1/4 cup water in this recipe, there are times when I used up to 1/2 a cup when I changed the flour brand. So start with 1/4 cup water and add more if the dough looked dry.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons milk powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup warm water May need more
For brushing the buns:
- 1 beaten egg
To sprinkle on top of buns:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- - In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- - Gradually add the warm water to previous mixture and knead.
- - In the beginning the dough will be sticky, but as you keep kneading, you'll notice that the dough is getting firmer and won't stick.
- - Knead for 5 – 7 minutes, then cover and let it rise in warm place for an hour or until double in size.
- - Punch the dough and knead it for 1 minute.
- - Lightly dust your baking sheet with flour.
- - Form 4 equal balls from the dough and place on baking sheet, cover with wet cloth and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- - Preheat oven to 374F/190C.
- - After the 30 minutes, brush the buns with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- - Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.