I bet you didn’t see this one coming! Most of the people I know love chicken wings and that includes me of course. However, for some reason it is mostly enjoyed while watching Super Bowl Game.
I enjoy mine while watching a horror movie, of course, my teeth pay the price for this, since I bite hard on those bones every time something scary pop up on the screen.
Making this (snack) light, wasn’t a pain really, but if you are a skin person, you will miss the crunch, sorry!
These wings are moist and full of flavor, if you stick to the serving size, you’ll be in the safe zone. I found that some sauces are too hot, others too tangy, so I’ve decided to make my own.
Remember, adding your favorite herbs or spices will not add calories to this dish, so be creative.
Spicy Chicken Wings
Serving size 5 pieces, 275 calories
8 complete chicken wings (8 wings + 8 drumettes)
*For the sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar (optional)
*Making the sauce:
– In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well.
*Making the chicken wings:
– Preheat oven to 374F/190C.
– Remove skin from all the drumettes. Wash and dry.
– Place the wings in a nonstick baking pan. You can use parchment or aluminum foil if not using a nonstick baking pan.
– Bake for 20 minutes. You’ll notice that the wings have released some fat and water, drain it. Now turn the wings and bake for another 20 minutes.
– Remove the wings from the oven. Don’t turn off the oven.
– Mix the wings with the sauce and return the wings in the baking pan.
– Bake for 10 minutes.
* Make it tangy and squeeze half a lemon on your wings before serving.