You must be thinking where is the Pizza. There is no Pizza in this post, sorry! However, this recipe will make you think Hmmm Pizza, since it has similar flavor if not more.
When I can’t decide between having pizza or pasta, this is the recipe I go for. It’s almost like having pizza but with pasta instead of the crust.
Spicy Chicken Pizza Pasta
Serves 2. 404 calories per serving.
3 oz or 100gm Dry pasta
100 gm skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup diced button mushrooms
50 gm part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
1 large tomato minced
2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
1 small onion finely chopped
1 strip celery finely chopped
1 1/2 cup boiling water
For the pasta:
– Cook the pasta as per instruction written on the box, or boil for nine minutes. Drain and then rinse with cold water. Keep aside.
Grilling the chicken:
– Season both sides of chicken breast with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder .
– Place the chicken on a very hot grill. If your grill is too hot, you will not need oil and the chicken will not stick to it.
– Cook the chicken breast for 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Remove and cover immediately with another plate or aluminum foil for 3 minutes, this will allow the chicken to cook further from the inside and stay tender.
– Cut the chicken breast into bite size, and keep aside.
Making the Spicy Chicken Pizza Pasta:
– In a hot pan add olive oil, when hot add onion, garlic, and celery. Cook until onion is translucent.
– Add the mushroom and sauté for 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt to take out mushroom’s water.
– Add the chopped tomato and stir for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir.
– Add the thyme and red chili powder and stir.
– Add the chicken and season with salt and black pepper. Pour the boiling water and let it cook for 2 minutes on medium/medium low heat.
– Add the pasta and mix well, then add the cheese and stir until the cheese completely melts.
– Serve immediately.