Indian delight, and a dish I enjoy making. Shahi Korma, is a blend of tender beef and mixed spices, cooked together with almond paste, which results in a creamy textured gravy!
This dish is usually made using Ghee (refined butter), but I’m using better for your ingredients, like Mazola® corn oil.
Did you know that a recent research study showed that corn oil can help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil? Since February is American Heart Month, it’s the perfect time to start incorporating corn oil into your cooking routine.
Also, Mazola corn oil has a neutral flavor and this is why it’s perfect for cooking.
Using it in my Shahi Korma, it enhanced the taste of the beef and spices, and brought out a great aroma.
If you try this recipe and feel that you can be addicted to it, you’ll be glad to know that it freezes well.
Personally, I prefer to have my Shahi Korma with Indian flat bread. But you will enjoy with rice too.
Serves 2. 380 calories per serving
200gm small beef cubes (pounded lightly)
1 medium onion thinly sliced
3 whole cardamom
1 tablespoon Mazola® corn oil
6 cups boiling water
In the blender:
1 whole red chili
2 teaspoon Coriander powder
1/4 cup yogurt
Almonds paste (5 peeled almonds grounded with one tablespoon water)
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Salt to taste
To add last:
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
– Add all the ingredients under (in the blender) blend well and keep aside.
– In a hot pan, add the oil and when hot add the beef. When light brown remove from heat and cover.
– Add the onion to the pan and cook in the remaining oil, until light brown. Add the cardamom and beef to the onion with all the juices that might have accumulated from the beef. Stir for two minutes on medium heat.
– Add the blended mixture and stir for three minutes.
– Add the boiling water and let the beef cook until done. You should get a thick gravy of around one to one and half cup.
– Add the butter and kasori methi and stir on gentle heat for few seconds.
– Serve hot.