Who can resist Scottish Shortbread? I can’t. The experience of baking these cookies is wonderful. The preparation hardly takes 10 minutes. Once in the oven, its pleasant aroma escapes to your house, and when it’s ready, the hint of pale brown that touches its surface teases you to take a bite. The magic begins when the crispy shortbread melts in your mouth and gets hold of all your senses.
Scottish Shortbread Recipe
Scottish shortbread Melt in Your MouthPrint Rate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- - Beat the sugar and butter until you get a creamy texture.
- - Mix flour and rice flour, then add to the above mixture. Knead
- for 3 minutes.
- - Transfer to a baking pan. With your hand, shape the dough to a
- half inch thick square.
- - Make equal rectangles using a knife, don't cut too deep, prick
- with a fork.
- - Bake for 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 325F/170C. The
- shortbread is ready, when it looks pale brown and crisp.