1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
– Preheat oven 350F/180C/Gas mark 4.
– Sift flour with salt, and baking powder.
– Add butter to the flour mixture and rub with both hands or with fork, until it looks like breadcrumbs.
– Beat the egg with sugar, vanilla, and orange zest, add to flour and butter mixture, mix for 15 seconds.
– Add the pistachios and fold gently.
– Form balls as big as ping pong ball, place on the baking sheet.
– Bake for about 13 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies become golden brown.