It’s fun when breakfast transforms into a cookie, a chewy delicious cookie that is. Raisins Oatmeal Cookies are full of nutrients and if you are allergic to eggs no worries, there is none in this recipe.
What I adore about these raisins oatmeal cookies, is the nutty flavor coming from the browned butter. When baking any goodies, I guess good quality butter and sugar can bring out amazing flavors and texture.
Please do not use instant oats for making these cookies, they will come out flat and you won’t enjoy it, I tried before and it didn’t work.
You can replace the raisins with chocolate chips or the nuts you like, but if you are making this raisins oatmeal cookies for the first time, I suggest that you stick with the recipe and later on change it to your liking.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup melted and browned unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon warm milk
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¾ old rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients except the butter, warm milk, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients previously mixed. Pour in the browned butter, vanilla, and milk. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Take ¼ cup from the dough and form into a ball, place all the balls in the baking pan and bake for 12 – 13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool in the baking pan for 5 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
Follow me on Pinterest!
They make a great breakfast on the go!
Hello, I need to make a quick iftar dessert and do not have cornstarch. We are in CoVid-19 lock-down and the market is not an option, not sure that I can find cornstarch here in Turkey anyway so my question is, will I kill the recipe if I leave out cornstarch or use a substitute like ground flax seeds. Hoping for a prompt response.
Hi Amina, you can omit the cornstarch but reduce the baking time. Cornstarch makes the cookies chewier! Hope this helped.