I want to talk briefly about friendship since I am dedicating this post (Orange Buttermilk English Scones) to my friend Temather. I will not talk about her much or in detail, she might not like it, but I will mention what is so special about her.
Orange Buttermilk English Scones.
Temather and I met at school, she’s my classmate and she happened to be a good student while I thought there are better things to do than that! Her English is perfect (She’s half British) and I’m still working on mine (Arabic is my mother tongue.) I haven’t met someone as patient as her, on the other hand, I can go off like a time bomb in a jiffy. I guess you can tell that we don’t have much in common.
Yet she is the best friend I ever had. We can stop communicating for months, and then I pick up the phone, call her, and we will pick up from where we left off.
Today, these light, moist, and full of flavor Orange Buttermilk English Scones, is a virtual gift from me to her, for being my friend, for coping with my crazy moments, and for accepting me, the way I am.
Love you Temather.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Add vinegar to milk and keep aside for 1 minute.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and whisk. Add the butter and mix using the tip of your fingers.
- Add the milk, orange zest, vanilla, and mix using a spoon for few seconds only.
- The dough will be very sticky, take 1/4 cup from the dough and place on the baking pan. Will make 3 large scones.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Let cool on cooling rack sprinkle with confectioners sugar and enjoy with jam, cream, or butter.