When I bake cookies, I cool them on a cooling rack, later I and my family have them, but when I bake these delights, no one waits for them to cool, including me!
My sister is not fond of milk, but she have these cookies with chilled glass of milk and enjoys it like anything. I don’t blame her 😉
A heaping teaspoon will result in the perfect size cookie, so don’t worry and do it, use that teaspoon.
Nutella Chocolate Cookies
Makes 27 cookies. 60 calories per cookie.
5 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
5 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons Nutella
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup or 12 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate powder
– Preheat oven 350F/180C.
– In a bowl, sift flour, salt, chocolate powder, and baking powder. Keep aside
– In a different bowl, beat the sugar with butter, and vanilla.
– Add the egg to the previous mixture and beat until well combined.
– Add the flour and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
– Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
– Take one heaping teaspoon from the dough, place in the baking pan. Wet the tip of your fingers with cold water and gently press it down. Leave around 2 inches between cookies.
– Bake the cookies on the middle rack for 8 – 10 minutes.
– Let cool on cooling rack.