This is not the authentic Chinese recipe for Chicken Fried Rice, in fact the creation of this dish was forced. The plan was to make Butter Chicken but since my friend, who helped me in the kitchen, cut the chicken in to very small pieces, and marinated it, we had to make something out of it. Long story short we decided to try chicken fried rice and the result was this fusion.
The thing I noticed was the chicken took less time to cook and was tender.
Ingredients – Chicken marinade:
2 cups of chicken cut in small cubes
2 tablespoons yogurt
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
– Mix all ingredients cover and keep in fridge for an hour.
Ingredients – Fried rice:
3 1/2 cups cooked rice
One medium size onion chopped
1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
1 green chili chopped
– In a frying pan add two tablespoons oil, fry onion for one minute.
– Add the chicken and green chili to the onion and cook for twelve minutes on medium heat. Add one and half-teaspoon Soy sauce and one teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, stir for a minute. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
– In a separate pan, add two tablespoons of oil and sauté the frozen vegetable for two minutes. Add the rice and stir for one minute.
– Add one teaspoon of Soy sauce and one tablespoon of Oyster sauce to the rice and stir.
– Add chicken to the rice and stir for a minute. Cover the pan and turn the heat to the lowest, continue cooking for 1 minute.
– Turn of heat and you’re done.