To my readers who enjoy baking goodies like today’s Mocha Flavored Buttery Egg Free Cookies, you are in for a treat. These simple looking cookies will surprise you from the first bite!
Making Mocha Flavored Buttery Egg Free Cookies.
My goal when making these mocha-flavored buttery egg free cookies was to keep them crunchy on the edges but moist and cake like at the center. Most egg free cookies are on the crispy side but these babies are heaven.
If you take out the coffee from this recipe you get a basic egg-free cookie dough, which you can convert into your favorite flavor easily. Add vanilla, lemon or orange zest, or turn it into a snickerdoodle. No matter how you flavor these cookies make sure to use good quality butter.
Making these mocha cookies is so easy, but you must chill the dough for at least 20 minutes before baking. You don’t have to use your hands, an ice cream scoop will do the work for you. I have baked a whole batch in one tray since these cookies don’t spread much.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 7 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon instant coffee granules.
- In a bowl, add the butter, sugar, condensed milk, and coffee granules. Whisk until fluffy and light in color. This may take 4 minutes.
- Whisk or sift flour with baking powder and salt, then add to the previous mixture. Mix until combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Using an ice cream scoop of around two tablespoons, scoop the dough and place each scoop 2 inch away from the other.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
- Remove from the baking sheet and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
If you love egg free desserts, then I made few and you might like to try some of them. Check below for more Egg-Free Dessert Recipes:
Follow me on Instagram.