The combination of sweet and sour makes me dance, well not literally! I’ve tried sweet and sour fish, chicken, and now meatballs. You can add more vegetables of course and I will suggest bell pepper and carrot.
So if you have a leftover be creative!
Meatballs in Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serves 2. 373 calories per serving.
For the meatballs:
250gm ground beef
1 small onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove minced
Salt (add a small pinch since the sauce has enough)
1 teaspoon oil
– Mix all ingredients and form small balls. Bake on a non stick baking tray, in a preheated oven 180C/350F for 20 minutes, when done cover and keep aside.
For the sauce:
2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 chicken bouillon (low sodium)
3 spring onions cut 3″ long
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon vinegar
To thicken the sauce:
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoon water
– Mix vinegar, sugar, black pepper, chicken bouillon, and soy sauce in 3/4 cup water, and bring to a boil.
– Remove sauce from heat. Mix cornstarch with 3 tablespoon water and gradually add to the sauce while stirring.
– Add spring onion and sesame oil to the sauce and stir on medium heat until it thickens. Add the meatballs, and coat with the sauce, let it cook for 30 seconds.
– Serve on steamed rice or noodles.