I get no credit for this recipe of Mallur Chicken. It was given to me by Chef Damodaran. He is an Indian Chef who also happened to be in Guinness World Records.
What's great about this recipe is that it hardly takes time, say 30 minutes. Although the recipe calls for 2 spices, but when eaten you literally feel that it's full of different spices. I don't know how that is possible. I guess to believe me you have to try cooking this delicious Indian delight.
Making Mallur Chicken.
When I gave the recipe to my sister who went gaga after this dish, she thought that I held back or forgot to write some ingredients. It's amazing how few ingredients bring out so much flavor. This dish is best served with Indian Bread.
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 chicken wings
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- Boiling water
- In a pan, add oil, when hot add the onion, when translucent add the garlic.
- Add the chicken and stir for 10 minutes, add the salt and chili powder.
- Stir for 3 minutes.
- Add enough water to almost cover the chicken. Let it cook until chicken is done.
- Add more water if needed, you should end up with ¾ cup of gravy.
- serve with plain rice or bread.