Hi everyone, I’m back with a light chocolate cake recipe!
As some of you know I went on a vacation and now I also moved. Adjusting takes long time at least for me, but I never stopped cooking, it’s just that I didn’t share it with you
I'll start blogging again and things will go back to normal (hopefully).
The cake I’m sharing with you today was created by me when my craving for chocolate cake was uncontrolable and there were no chocolate powder at home.
My eyes found a bag of Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Morsels, and since I’m a foodie (and it is a blessing) I came up with a recipe and crossed my fingers hopping it will work, and it did.
This chocolate cake besides being chocolaty, light, and a great birthday cake it is the type of cake that you will keep munching on and might stop when it’s all gone. So be careful!
If you tried this cake and loved it, try my chocolate cake with caramel sauce
One important thing. This post is NOT sponsored by Nestle.
Let’s bake this dark beauty!
Light Chocolaty Cake
Serves 12. 157 calories per slice.
½ cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
¾ cup + 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup nestle caramel morsels
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease and flour an 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, add sugar, chocolate morsels, and oil. Melt in microwave then keep aside.
- In a different bowl, sift or whisk the flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the eggs with vanilla, and milk, then add the melted chocolate and mix well,
- Add the flour mixture and mix gently until combined. Add the boiling water and mix. Don’t over mix.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.