These cookies are as sweet as a kiss, no exaggeration. They are done in no time, puff nicely, crunchy from the outside, almost cakey from the inside, and that honey on top is an icing on the cake.
6 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoon fine semolina
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons honey for brushing the cookies.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with sugar until creamy in texture. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat for two minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with baking powder and salt, add the semolina. keep aside.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stir only until well combined (do not over mix)
- Take one spoon from the mixture and make a log (the size of your pinky)
- Place it on the baking tray leaving around two inch space between each cookie as it spreads a little.
- Use a fork to create indentations/designs on each cookie.
- Bake on middle rack for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove cookies immediately but gently from tray.
- Dip a teaspoon in honey and brush the surface of the cookie with its back while still hot.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.